eTechSchoolBus is a Smart & Safe school bus security solution using GPS and/or RFID. It is a part of India’s First School Analytics Platform – eTechSchool and at present is being used by over 50 schools.
According to a survey, it has been found that parents are extremely worried about their children when they are on the way to school in a school bus. The key reason of worrying is increase in crime; rash driving of school bus driver etc. Hence the tracking of the school bus is ultimate solution.
eTechSchoolBus solution is offered in 2 variants.
1. Basic GPS Tracking Systems:
This is a basic solution wherein the School Bus is fitted with a GPS Tracking Device. This device sends data to eTechSchoolBus servers. So, admins and parents can monitor the vehicles in real time. Alerts like Geofencing, GPS/Power cut-off, Overspeeding can be set by school admins. In order to provide real time vehicle location to parents, eTechSchool bus offers an Android App. It’s an advanced app where each parent can sign in using their respective logins. Android Notifications are used to keep the parents notified via the Alerts generated by Smart Engine of eTechSchoolBus.
2. GPS + RFID Systems:
This variant provides RFID based location updates of your children whether your child has reached school or not. The GPS device installed in vehicle gives current location of the school bus. eTechSchoolBus product is designed specifically for the real time movement tracking, knowing when students got picked or dropped from the bus. Alerts are sent to the parents on the arrival of the bus as well as when a student is picked up or dropped off. These alerts are directly sent to the parent’s Android Mobile phone in the form of PUSH Notifications. For more details, download the presentation here –
How eTechSchoolBus works?
A smart card (nametag) is provided to each student. The Smart Card contains student id information. An RFID card reader is installed at the entrance of the bus (Internally it is connected to the GPS Device). Students need to flash the smart card (nametag):
• while entering the bus at pick-up point (Pickup)
• while leaving from bus at a school (Pickup)
• while entering into the bus after school (Drop)
• while leaving bus at drop point (Drop)
An alert message is sent in each of the above cases. Parents can check the exact location of bus on the online software of eTechSchoolBus. Individual UserID and passwords are provided to the parents. Parents can check the bus location of their child only. Also, login credentials are provided to school administrators, so that they can track the location of the bus or all buses in the fleet.
The Android app eliminated the hassle of sending ETA SMS to the parents. Here the issue of “FALSE ETA SMS” due to networks delays is taken care of. Because parents can monitor the location of the vehicles in real time, there is no need to send the SMS/Alerts for ETA. However, the Android app provides an option to calculate the ETA on app itself. Also, those parents who do not have android phones can easily login to our platform and monitor their ward’s journey online.
• Parents can track the journey of the school bus on a real time basis
• School management remains informed about location, speed of school bus with information of students travelling in bus
• Parents remain informed about real time location of the bus, pick – up and drop updates of their child via SMS on mobile phones
• Availability of the Panic button to inform school administrators/bus controllers in case of an emergency
• Reporting on the vehicle performance over user specified time interval
• Remote Immobilization : Remotely stop your vehicle
• Real time, multiple vehicle tracking for schools